Here’s what I want to do:
- See an error on a web page
- Select it and right click
- In the popup, choose “report a spelling error”.
- Have a box come up with three fields and a pair of ok/cancel buttons. The three fields are
“change from”, “change to”, and Twitter id. The “change from” and Twitter id are auto-populated. The “change to” could be auto-populated using a web service that suggests spelling corrections.
When I click on “OK”, it sends a Tweet announcing to the world that:
- The author can’t be bothered to spell check.
- I’m a pedant who likes publicly shaming people.
I’m OK with that.
I have the context menu working, and it can get the selected text. I’m not very interested in figuring out the Twitter-auto-guessing. Seems like a good first step would be to look for Twitter Cards, for example on the Gigaom site that finally annoyed me enough to look into this, I found:
<meta name="twitter:site" value="@structureblog"/>
<meta name="twitter:creator" value="@gigastacey"/>